Fried ginger in yogurt! A good accomplishment for rice. Is there a traditional name for this dish? Please let me know if there is.
Preparation time: 10 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy
- Ginger (finely chopped) – ½ cup
- Green chilies (chopped) – 3
- Curd/Yogurt – 1½ cup
- Mustard seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Dry red chilies – 1
- Curry leaves – 6-7 leaves
- Salt – As needed
- Oil – As needed
- Heat oil in a pan. Add the chopped ginger, green chilies and little salt. Stir-fry till the ginger turns golden brown. Keep it aside to cool.
- Now heat oil for seasoning. Splutter mustard seeds and add dry red chillies and curry leaves. Switch off the flame when done.
- Add the fried ginger to the beaten yogurt. Mix well and check for salt.
- Pour the seasoning over the yogurt-ginger mix.
- Serve with rice.