Another successful bake !! Since we failed terribly in baking a plum cake, we decided to go with Marble cake. Something that went right on the first go.
Preparation time: 45 minutes | Difficulty Level: Medium | Bakes: One cake in 9 inch round mould
- Maida / All Purpose Flour – 2 cups
- Baking Powder – 2 teaspoons
- Salt – a pinch
- Butter – ½ cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Egg – 2
- Milk – 1 cup
- Vanilla Essence – 1 teaspoon
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder – 2 tablespoons
- Sieve all-purpose flour/maida, salt and baking powder thrice and keep aside. This is done to ensure that the baking powder and maida get mixed properly.
- Slightly mix sugar and butter together in a bowl.
- Beat in the eggs. Beat till it becomes creamy.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Now add the flour in two or three additions alternating with milk. Do not over beat, just mix till well combined in low speed.
- Separate ¾ cup batter into another bowl and slowly stir in the cocoa powder. Mix really well using a spoon.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Drop 2 or 3 spoons of the cocoa mixed batter into the greased/lined pan. Pour the remaining white (vanilla) batter into the pan. Swirl using a knife to get the marble effect. Again drop the remaining cocoa batter by spoonful over the white (vanilla) batter. Swirl again.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool for 15-20 minutes.
Tips: I am using a IFB Microwave for baking. The time for baking depends on the quantity, type of mould etc.