My first bake. I would say my first successful bake. It took 2 to 3 months for me to figure out the mistakes and do it properly. I expected it to take around 35 minutes to bake, but it was done in 20 minutes. This is the unsolved puzzle here. I would have got coffee flavored charcoal bake if I had waited for 35 minutes to open the microwave and check. So guys, if you are planning to try out, please keep a check on the time.
Preparation Time: 45 minutes | Difficulty Level: Medium
- All Purpose Flour/ Maida – 1 cup
- Baking Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Eggs – 2
- Granulated White Sugar – ¾ cup
- Butter – ¾ cup
- Milk – ¼ cup
- Instant Coffee Powder – 2 tablespoons
- Warm water – 1 tablespoon
- Vanilla Essence – 1 teaspoon
- Preheat oven to 170 C. Grease and flour a round baking pan.
- Sieve maida and baking powder thrice and keep aside. This is done to ensure that the baking powder and maida get mixed properly.
- Add instant coffee powder to the warm water and let it dissolve properly. Keep this aside.
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar till smooth and creamy. Add both the eggs and beat till it blends well.
- Add vanilla essence and dissolved coffee powder. Mix well using a hand blender.
- Now add the flour in two additions alternating with milk, starting with flour and ending with flour. Do not over beat, just mix till well combined in low speed.
- Pour batter into the greased and floured pan. Keep it aside for 5 to 10 minutes so that the cake mix will level itself in the pan. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool for 15-20 minutes.
NB : I am using a IFB Microwave for baking. The time for baking depends on the quantity, type of mould etc.