Taking baby steps into the world or baking J. This is a very easy recipe for white cake.
Preparation time: 60 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy
- All-purpose flour / Maida – 1½ cup
- Butter (At room temperature) – ½ cup
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Egg – 2
- Milk – ½ cup
- Baking Powder – 1¾ teaspoon
- Vanilla Extract – 2 teaspoon
- Salt – A pinch
- Sieve all-purpose flour/maida, salt and baking powder thrice and keep aside. This is done to ensure that the baking powder and maida get mixed properly.
- Slightly mix sugar and butter together in a bowl.
- Beat in the eggs.
- Add vanilla extract and mix well.
- Now add the Maida-baking powder mix to the bowl and mix well.
- Add milk and mix till the batter becomes smooth.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Pour batter into the greased and floured pan. The batter will level itself.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool for 15-20 minutes.
NB : I am using a IFB Microwave for baking. The time for baking depends on the quantity, type of mould etc.