Yet another adventure into the world of baking !! A quick, moist chocolate cake. You can serve as a cake with icing or can be served as a dessert with a scoop of vanilla ice cream…
Preparation time: 45 minutes | Difficulty Level: Medium | Bakes: One cake in 9 inch round mould
- Maida / All-Purpose Flour – 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons
- Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 3/4 teaspoon
- Baking powder – 3/4 teaspoon
- White Sugar – 1 cup
- Egg – 1
- Vegetable oil – 1/4 cup
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Unsweetened cocoa powder- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons
- Boiling water – 1/2 cup
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- Take the cocoa powder in a bowl. Pour in the boiling water and stir thoroughly. Take care not to leave any lumps in the mix. Keep this aside to cool.
- Meantime lets prepare the cake mix. Sieve maida, salt baking soda and baking powder thrice.
- Take another bowl. Beat sugar and egg using a hand mixer. Add vegetable oil and milk in between.
- Also add the chocolate mix to the bowl. Make sure that the chocolate mix is not hot. Beat well. There should not be any granulated sugar.
- Add vanilla extract. Mix well.
- Now slowly blend in the maida mix. Don’t beat too much after adding maida. But make sure it gets mixed well.
- Preheat oven to 170 degrees C.
- Pour batter into the greased and floured pan. The batter will level itself.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or till a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean. Place on a wire rack to cool for 15-20 minutes..