This is an irresistible pudding and is very easy to make. Needs only few ingredients and they are all easily available ones. You need not go around super markets searching for the ingredients 🙂 This is my all time favorite.
Preparation Time: 60 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy
- Milk – ½ litre (Used Goodlife milk. I got a feeling that it is more tasty for puddings and desserts)
- Eggs – 4
- Sugar – 6 tablespoons (Goodlife milk needs more sugar. If you are using regular milk, I think 4 tablespoons should work)
- Vanila essence – ½ teaspoon
- Butter – As needed
- Sugar – 2 tablespoons
- Butter the moulds for making caramel custard. These moulds are available in supermarkets.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of sugar in a small heavy bottomed pan on low flame. Don’t add water. Stir constantly, until a thick dark caramel syrup forms. Pour immediately into buttered moulds. You need to turn the mould quickly and carefully to ensure that the caramel spreads equally over the bottom and sides of the mould. Keep it aside.
- Beat the eggs well in a bowl. Add sugar and milk. Again beat well. The sugar should dissolve properly. Strain the mix to another bowl to remove the lumps if any.
- Add vanila essence. And pour the mix into the prepared moulds.
- Now you need to double boil it for 45 minutes. To double boil, take a large pan and put in about a 1-2 cm layer of water. Heat it until it boils, and then put in the pudding mould. Better not to cover it. Leave it open.
- Allow it to cool. Then refrigerate for 3-4 hours. Invert the mould on a serving plate.