Bread pudding is my favorite. It tastes good when it comes in coffee flavor.
Preparation time: 30 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy
- Milk – 3 cup (I use GoodLife milk. For pudding, GoodLife milk is tastier)
- Bread – 5 slices
- Egg – 2
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Instant Coffee Powder – 1 tablespoon
- Water – ¼ cup
- Broken cashew – As needed
- Ghee – As needed
- Add the coffee powder to warm water (¼ cup) so that it will dissolve properly. Keep it aside and let it cool.
- Meantime, slightly roast the broken cashews in ghee. Keep this also aside.
- Break the eggs into a bowl and beat well using an egg beater.
- Add 3 cups of milk to the beaten eggs. Add sugar. If you are using regular milk (not GoodLife), you may require less than 1 cup of sugar. Sweetening up regular milk requires less sugar compared to GoodLife milk.
- Remove the brown edges of the bread slices and add it to the above mix. Mix the bread slices properly using your hand. Else you can put the whole mix in a blender.
- Add the coffee mix to this and stir well.
- Butter the moulds for steaming bread pudding.
- Pour the egg, bread, milk mix into the moulds and steam cook. When it is almost 80% cooked, sprinkle the roasted cashews pieces kept aside. Cover and steam cook till it is done. I had to cook for 15-20 minutes. When it is cooked well, a fork inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours and serve.