An easy recipe for a nice pineapple flavored ice/drink. Something great to beat the summer heat. This recipe comes from a TV show.
Preparation Time: 20-25 minutes
- Pineapple crush – 1½ cup
- Lemon juice – 3 tablespoons
- Water – 4 cups
- Sugar – 1½ cup
- Mix water and sugar in a heavy-bottomed pan and set up to boil, on a medium flame. Wait till the sugar is all dissolved. We need not make a thick syrup. We can switch off the flame when it boils. Allow it to cool. Now it can be moved to freezer to chill. Don’t allow the syrup to freeze.
- Peel the pineapple and slice it into small pieces. Slightly crush it in mixer.
- Add crushed pineapple to the chilled sugar syrup.
- Add lemon juice and mix well. I tasted it once after adding lemon juice. It is awesome. Pineapple + lemon is an excellent combination.
- Keep it in freezer. Take it out when it is semi-frozen. Mix it again using a fork or knife. Put it back in freezer.
You need to wait till it freezes. You can use a fork to slice the Frozen Pineapple Crush, which is ready to be served J