Who doesn’t like pineapples? and who can resist milkmaid? Lets try out a combination of both !!! Totally irresistible !!
Preparation time: 30 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy
- Pineapple – 1
- Sugar – 7 tablespoons
- Milk – ½ litre (I use GoodLife milk. For puddings, GoodLife milk is tastier)
- China grass – 10gms (You can buy china grass in 10gms pack from any supermarket)
- Condensed milk/Milkmaid – 1 tin
- Water – ¾ cup (approximately)
- Cherries – As needed
- Slice the pineapple into thin long (approximately 1 inch long) pieces.
- Cook the pineapple slices in low flame adding 2 tablespoons of sugar. No need to add water if you have fresh pineapple. Water will ooze out of the pineapple while cooking. Cook till the color changes from the fresh pineapple color to a bit more faded color. Keep it aside and let it cool.
- Take a thick bottomed pan and add ¾th cup of water. Break the china grass into smaller pieces and add to the water. Let it boil till the china grass melts fully. Make sure that you do it on a low flame. Keep this aside.
- Boil milk in another pan. Add sugar (5 tablespoons) and stir well. Lower the flame when it boils. If you are using regular milk, you may not require 5 tablespoons of sugar.
- Slowly add milkmaid. Make sure that you keep on stirring the boiled milk continuously while adding milkmaid.
- Similarly add the melted china grass also. Keep on stirring while you are adding this. China grass is a gelling agent. So don’t keep this as such for a long time. We need to set the pudding before it solidifies.
- Take the pudding tray where you are going to set the pudding. Add a layer of milk-milkmaid-chinagrass mix.
- Now add a layer of pineapple slices. Better to do it with hands than a spoon. It is fine even if the pineapple slices sink to the bottom of the tray.
- Add another layer of milk-milkmaid-chinagrass mix. Keep on doing the same till we have used the milk-milkmaid-chinagrass mix and the pineapple slices fully.
- Now decorate the pudding using cherries. Normally I keep few cooked pineapple slices aside to decorate the pudding along with cherries.
- Cover the tray with an aluminium foil and keep in refrigerator for some time.