It is always nice to have a dessert after dinner. Try out this combination of pineapples and muffins in custard.
Preparation time: 30 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy
- Pineapple – 1
- Muffins – 4 (Flavorless or vanilla flavored)
- Milk – ½ litre (I use GoodLife milk. For puddings, GoodLife milk is tastier. But GoodLife milk needs more sugar compared to normal milk)
- Sugar – 6 tablespoons
- Vanilla essence – ½ teaspoon
- Custard powder (vanilla flavored)– 2½ tablespoons
- Cherries – As needed
- Slice the pineapple into thin long (approximately 1 inch long) pieces.
- Cook the pineapple slices in low flame adding 2 tablespoons of sugar. No need to add water if you have fresh pineapple. Water will ooze out of the pineapple while cooking. Cook till the color changes from the fresh pineapple color to a bit more faded color. Keep it aside and let it cool.
- Slice the muffins horizontally so that you will get round slices of approximately ½ cm thickness. Keep it aside.
- Dissolve custard powder in 4 tbs (approximately) milk (to avoid lumps formation) and keep it aside.
- Boil milk in a thick bottomed pan. Add sugar (6 tablespoons) and stir well. Lower the flame when it boils. If you are using regular milk, you may not require 6 tablespoons of sugar.
- Slowly add the dissolved custard powder. Make sure that you keep on stirring the boiled milk continuously while adding custard powder. Simmer it for few minutes till it thickens. Now take it off the flame and let it cool for some time.
- Add vanilla essence and stir well. Now our custard is ready.
- Take the pudding tray where you are going to set the pudding. Add a thin layer of custard.
- Now add a layer of sliced muffins.
- Again add a layer of custard. Now add a layer of cooked pineapple slices. Don’t use the pineapple slices fully. Keep aside few for the top layer.
- Keep on doing the same till we have used the custard, muffins fully. Finish it off with a layer of custard on top. Don’t let the muffins be the top layer. It will not look good.
- Now decorate the pudding with cherries and the cooked pineapple slices that we have kept aside.
- You can also add a thin layer of pineapple jam on both sides of the sliced muffins for better taste.
- Cover the tray with an aluminium foil and keep in refrigerator for 2 hrs.