I am a big fan of chinese food. “Wok With Chung” is my favourite chinese restaurent in Bangalore. My friends in Bangalore, if you haven’t visited this place, then do that at the earliest. The food is awesome, but I dont like the desserts served there. Got a feeling that desserts are not worth the money. Once you are done with your food, walk out (please don’t forget you pay your bill)… Corner House is near by 🙂
Finally started Indo-chinese’ing at home… Mushroom munchurian is a delicious starter. Also this proves to be a good side dish for fried rice/noodles. My personal choice is to have this as a starter.
Preparation time: 30 minutes | Difficulty Level: Medium
- Button Mushrooms (cleaned and quartered) – 250 gms
- Oil for Deep Frying (use any vegetable oil)
- All Purpose Flour/Maida – 1 cup
- Corn flour – 2 tablespoons
- Ginger garlic Paste – 1 teaspoon
- Kashmiri Red Chilli Powder – 2 teaspoon
- Black Pepper Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – to taste
- Water – approximately 1 cup.
- Spring Onions, thinly sliced – a few
- Garlic (finely chopped) – 10
- Green chillies (finely chopped) – 4
- Ginger (finely chopped) – ½ inch
- Onion (cut into ½ inch squares) – 1
- Bell Pepper/Capsicum (sliced into ½ inch cubes) – 1
- Sweet Chilli Sauce – 3 tablespoons (I prefer Maggi Hot and Sweet Tomato Chilly Sauce)
- Soya Sauce – 2 tablespoons
- Ajinomoto (Optional) – ¼ teaspoon (I didn’t use this)
- Corn Flour (dissolved in ½ cup of Water) – ½ tablespoon
- Oil (use any vegetable oil) – 1 tablespoon
- Salt – to taste
- Make the batter for marination using the ingredients mentioned above (the section, For Marination). Be careful while adding water. The batter should be of Dosa batter consistency. I added approximately 1 cup of water. Mix well to avoid lumps.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Add the marinated mushrooms slowly, one by one to heated oil. Deep fry on medium heat till they turn golden brown. Drain on tissue paper and keep aside.
- Remove excess oil from the pan for making the gravy. We need only 1 tablespoon oil in the pan. Add thinly sliced garlic to the heated oil. Saute for a minute till it starts turning brown.
- Now add spring onion, chopped ginger, and chopped green chillies, chopped onions and saute on medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Mix bell peppers/ capsicum and stir for 2-3 minutes.
- Lower the flame and add sweet chilly sauce, soya sauce and mix well. Add ajinomoto. This is optional.
- Add corn flour dissolved in water slowly. Keep stirring till the sauce starts to thicken. Now switch off the flame and add fried mushrooms. Mix well and serve hot.