Preparation time: 30 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy
- Achinga / Long Beans – ½ kg
- Coconut slices – ½ cup
- Onion (sliced into thin long pieces) – 1 medium sized
- Garlic (chopped) – 15 pods
- Green chilly (chopped)– 4
- Chilly flakes – ½ tablespoon
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Salt – As needed
- Oil – As needed
- Choose tender long beans for this recipe. Cut the long beans into 1″ long pieces.
- Heat a thick bottomed pan over medium low heat. Add oil. Let the oil get heated.
- Add the coconut slices and stir fry till it turns slightly brown. Drain and keep this aside.
- Sauté onion, garlic, green chillies and curry leaves, adding salt.
- Add chilly flakes and stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add turmeric, chilly powder and pepper and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add the long beans. Mix well. Add just enough water and cook covered. Check for salt.
- Once it is cooked well, stir in the fried coconut slices. Stir fry for few more minutes till it dries up.
- Serve hot.