A quick side dish for rice.
Preparation time: 15 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy
- Bitter Gourd – 1
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped into thin long pieces)
- Coconut Slices – ¼ cup
- Green chillies – 5 (slit)
- Curry leaves – 1 stem
- Salt – As needed
- Oil – For deep frying
- Water – ¼ cup
- Clean and slice the bitter gourd into thin round pieces. Optionally you can remove the seeds.
- Cover and cook bitter gourd pieces, chopped onion, slit green chilly, coconut slices, curry leaves, adding ¼ cup water. Don’t forget to add salt. Make sure the water completely evaporates. (This can be kept in refrigerator and used for 3-4 days).
- Add oil in a pan for deep frying. Fry it in batches and serve hot with rice.