Preparation time: 45 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy
- Jackfruit Seeds (chopped) – 3 cups (45-50 seeds)
- Coconut Slices – ¼ cup
- Mustard Seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Shallots (crushed) – 10
- Green Chilly (slit) – 2
- Garlic (crushed) – 10 pods
- Curry Leaves – 2 stem
- Chilly Flakes – 1 teaspoon
- Kashmiri Chilly Powder – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric – a pinch
- Pepper Powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt – As needed
- Oil – As needed
- Remove the outer white layer of jack fruit seeds and slightly peel off the brown skin. Wash and cut lengthwise.
- Pressure cook the chopped jack fruit seeds adding ¾ to 1 cup water and salt. Allow the excess water (if it is there) to evaporate and keep this aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan (any thick bottomed pan). Splutter mustard seeds.
- Add chopped garlic, shallots, green chillies and curry leaves. Add salt and sauté for few minutes.
- Add coconut slices, chilly flakes and stir for few more minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, kashmiri chilly powder and pepper powder. Stir fry for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the cooked jackfruit seeds to this and mix well. Check for salt. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame. Stir fry over medium flame till it slightly starts turning brown.
- Serve hot with rice.