Dedicated to all jackfruit seed lovers
Preparation time: 30 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy | Serves: 5-6
- Jackfruit Seeds (chopped) – 3 cups (45-50 seeds)
- Grated Coconut – 1½ cup
- Mustard Seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Shallots (chopped) – 10
- Green Chilly (chopped) – 4-5
- Garlic (chopped) – 6 pods
- Ginger (chopped) – ½ tablespoon
- Curry Leaves – 2 stem
- Salt – As needed
- Oil – As needed
- Remove the outer white layer of jack fruit seeds and slightly peel off the brown skin. Wash and cut lengthwise.
- Pressure cook the chopped jack fruit seeds adding ¾ to 1 cup water and salt. Allow the excess water (if it is there) to evaporate and keep this aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan (any thick bottomed pan). Splutter mustard seeds.
- Add chopped garlic, ginger, shallots, green chillies and curry leaves and sauté for few minutes.
- Add grated coconut and mix well.
- To this add the cooked jack fruit seeds. Mix well and check for salt. Let it cook for 2-3 minutes on medium flame.
- Serve hot with rice.