Another 10 minute side dish for rice. Dried prawns are available in any super markets. This is an excellent side dish and very easy to make.
Preparation time: 10 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy
- Dried Prawn/Shrimp (Unakka Chemmeen) – ½ cup
- Grated coconut – 1 cup
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1½ teaspoon
- Shallots – 3
- Ginger – A very small piece (¼ inch piece)
- Salt – As needed
- Heat a pan and dry roast the prawns for a few minutes until it begins to change color. It should become little bit crispy.
- Add the shallots and ginger to a mixer and crush it slightly.
- Now add the dried prawns and crush along with the shallots and ginger.
- Add grated coconut, kashmiri chilly powder and salt and crush again to a coarse texture.
- Serve with rice.