Karimeen/pearlspot is a delicacy of Kerala backwaters. Karimeen fry is very popular inside and outside Kerala.
Preparation time: 20 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy
- Karimeen – 2
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1 ½ tablespoon
- Black pepper powder – 2 ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder – a pinch
- Ginger-garlic paste – 1 ½ tablespoon
- Lemon juice/Vinegar – ½ teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 1 stem
- Coconut oil – As needed
- Salt – As needed
- Clean Karimeen in salt and vinegar. Make 3-4 gashes on both sides.
- Mix chilly powder, pepper powder, turmeric, ginger-garlic paste, vinegar, curry leaves and salt to make the marinade. If needed, add 1-2 tablespoon water.
- Marinate the fish in the paste prepared and keep it for 10-15 minutes.
- You can either shallow fry or deep fry according to your taste. Drain on kitchen tissue.