A very easy dish and one of my favorites.
Preparation time: 15 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy
- Kovakka (Tindora/Ivy gourd) – 250gms
- Onion – 1 medium (chopped into thin long pieces)
- Shallots – 3-4 pods (chopped, optional)
- Green chillies – 4 (slit)
- Curry leaves – 1 stem
- Salt – As needed
- Oil – For deep frying
- Water – ¼ cup
- Clean and cut the kovakka into thin long piece.
- Cover and cook kovakka pieces, chopped onion, slit green chilly, chopped shallots and curry leaves, adding ¼ cup water. Don’t forget to add salt. Make sure the water completely evaporates. (This can be kept in refridgerator and used for 3-4 days).
- Add oil in a pan for deep frying. Fry it in batches and serve hot with rice.