Mushrooms are low in calories, fat-free, cholesterol-free and very low in sodium, yet they provide several nutrients, including riboflavin, niacin and selenium, which are typically found in animal foods or grains. Mushrooms are an excellent source of potassium, a mineral that helps lower elevated blood pressure and reduces the risk of stroke.
- Mushroom – 200gms
- Onion – 2
- Tomato – 1 medium
- Ginger Paste – 1 tsp
- Green Chillies – 2
- Pepper Powder – 2 ½ tsp
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – ¼ tsp
- Coriander Leaves – few chopped
- Salt – As needed
- Oil – As needed
- Wash and cut the mushrooms into medium pieces. Chop onion and tomato.
- Marinate mushrooms with ginger paste, garlic paste, ½ tsp pepper powder, turmeric powder and salt. Keep it aside for 20 minutes.
- Add little oil to a nonstick pan, roast the marinated mushrooms on a low flame. Allow it to turn slightly brown. Take them out and keep aside.
- Add little more oil to the same pan, saute onion till it turns light brown. Add tomatoes, green chillies, pepper powder and salt. Mash the tomatoes well. Add garam masala, coriander leaves and mushrooms. Mix well.