I wouldn’t say this is a delicious, mouth-watering side dish. But this is a very easy recipe. And I am sure this is gonna help working wives a lot. I got this from Manoramaonline.
Preparation time: 20-25 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy
- Potatoes – 2 medium sized (250 gms approximately)
- Tomato (chopped) – 1 large
- Onion (chopped) – 1 large
- Kashmiri chilli powder – 2 teaspoons
- Turmeric powder – ½ teaspoon
- Fennel powder – ½ tablespoon
- Coconut oil – 2 tablespoon
- Garlic (chopped) – ½ tablespoon
- Curry leaves – a few
- Salt – to taste
- Peel and cut the potatoes into cubes.
- Pressure cook the potatoes, chopped tomato, onion, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, fennel powder and salt together for two whistles and keep aside. Don’t use the chopped onions fully. Keep aside few aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan and sauté the chopped onions kept aside, garlic and curry leaves.
- Add the pressure cooked potato masala and stir. Slightly Mash the potatoes.
- Serve hot with chappathis, parottas or pathiris.