Wanted to try something different from the regular Kerala thorans. That is when this one struck me. Spinach and egg is a healthy combination.
Preparation time: 30 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy
- Spinach (Chopped) – 4 cups
- Egg – 2
- Onion (chopped) – 1 big
- Grated coconut- 1 cup
- Green chilly (slit) – 4
- Garlic (chopped) – 5 pods
- Turmeric powder – 2 pinch
- Black Pepper powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 1 stem
- Mustard – 1 teaspoon
- Oil – 1-2 tablespoons
- Salt – to taste
- Break the eggs into a bowl. Add salt and stir well using a spoon or fork. Keep this aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, splutter mustards.
- Add curry leaves and chopped garlic. Saute for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add chopped spinach and saute for 3-4 minutes. By this time the chopped spinach becomes softer. Add salt and stir.
- Add the turmeric powder, chopped onions, chillies, grated coconut, and cook covered for 10 min on low flame without adding any water. Stir occasionally.
- Make some space in the middle of the pan and add the egg kept aside. Stir continuously till the egg gets cooked and separates.
- Add pepper powder and fry for some more time until it is dry. Serve hot with rice.