Potatoes are delicious in any form. This dish is very common and is liked by all at home. Just thought of sharing the recipe.
Preparation time: 30 minutes | Difficulty Level: Medium
- Potato (chopped into thin long strips) – 5 (medium sized)
- Onion (chopped) – 1
- Green chilly (slit) – 2
- Garlic (chopped) – 5 pods
- Curry leaves – 1 stem
- Mustard – 1 teaspoon
- Pepper powder – ¼ teaspoon
- Kashmiri Chilly powder – ½ tablespoon
- Turmeric – a pinch
- Chilly flakes – ½ teaspoon
- Oil – As needed
- Salt – As needed
- Wash and peel the potatoes. Slice potatoes into thin long strips. Leave the slices in water to avoid discoloration.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan. Splutter mustard seeds.
- Add chopped onion, green chillies, curry leaves and chopped garlic. Saute well.
- Now add turmeric powder, chilly powder, pepper powder. Stir properly for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chilli flakes and Stir.
- Now add potato slices. Usually I take the potato slices directly from water, shake away the excess water and add it directly to the pan. Close with a lid and cook on low flame for 8-10 minutes stirring well in between. If needed add ¼ cup water. Take care not to add more water. If you add more water there is a chance that the potatoes get overcooked and the slices will stick to each other.
- Once it is cooked, remove the lid and stir fry for few minutes on low flame. Add oil if needed.
- Serve hot with rice.