A very simple dish. Fried, crispy ladies finger in coconut-curd gravy.
Preparation time: 25 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy
- Curd/Yogurt – 2 cups
- Vendakka / Ladies finger – 10 (medium sized)
- Green Chilly – 2 or 3
- Salt – As needed
- Coconut Oil – As needed
- Grated Coconut – 1 cup
- Powdered Cumin – ¼ teaspoon
- Mustard seeds – 1/8 teaspoon
- Shallots – 4
- Mustard Seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Shallots (chopped) – 3
- Dried red Chillies – 1
- Curry leaves – 1 stem
- Beat the curd well. Don’t add water.
- Grind grated coconut, shallots, and cumin powder together to a fine paste. Will be good if you add curd instead of water for grinding. When it is almost done, add mustard seeds to get crushed.
- Add the paste to curd/yogurt and mix well.
- Clean the ladies finger properly and slice into thin round pieces.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan. Fry sliced ladies finger and slit green chillies. Make it dry fry. Add this to the curd coconut mix.
- Now we have to for seasoning. In the same pan heat coconut oil, splutter mustard seeds, chopped shallots, dry red chilly and curry leaves. If you add the curry leaves after 1-2 minutes, it will retain its green color. Add the seasoning and mix well.
- Serve with rice.