This is a very easy recipe to make fried rice. A nice blend of rice, vegetables and ghee.
- Basmati rice – 2 cups
- Beans – 8
- Carrots – 2 medium sized
- Green peas – ½ cup
- Cloves – 5 nos
- Cinnamom – 2 or 3 pieces of 1 inch size
- Cardamom – 5
- Onion – 3 medium (chopped)
- Raisins – 15
- Cashew-nuts – 10
- Garam masala powder – ½ teaspoon
- Egg – 2
- Pepper – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – As needed
- Ghee – As needed
- Water – For cooking rice
- Wash and drain the Basmati rice.
- Take a pressure cooker, add 2 teaspoon ghee to it. Add the basmati rice. Fry it till the rice gets separated from each other.
- Lower the flame, add 4 cups water to the pressure cooker. Be careful not to burn your hands as you are adding water to the hot pan. The amount of water you need to add depends on the type of rice that you are using. Normally for Basmati rice, we add 2 cups water for 1 cup of rice. Normally this information will be written on the rice packet.
- Add cloves, cardomom, cinnamon, garam masala to the pan. Add salt. Cover the pressure cooker and let the rice cook for 10 minutes(or 1 whistle) on high flame.
- Chop beans and carrot. Steam the vegetables and keep it aside. Be careful not to overcook it.
- Cook the green peas. Keep it aside .
- Get another non-stick pan. Add little ghee to it. Fry the raisins and cashew-nuts and keep it aside.
- Fry the onion till it turns light brown in ghee. Dont forget to add salt.
- Now fry the steamed beans and carrots slightly in ghee. Add salt.
- Scramble the egg adding pepper and salt.
- Open the pressure cooker. You will get a nice aroma. Add the vegetables (beans, carrot, green peas) to the rice and mix it well. Add scrambled egg. Now you can add the fried cashews, raisins and onion. Mix well.
- The fried rice is ready to be served.
If you want to reduce the usage of ghee, substitute ghee with a mix of vegetable oil and ghee. But the pure-ghee version will be more tastier.