Good as breakfast, teatime snack, as well as dinner. Can be served with chilly chutneys or fish curry
Preparation time: 30 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy | Serves: 2-3
- Tapioca – ½ kg
- Grated Coconut – 2 cups
- Ginger (chopped) – 1 teaspoon
- Shallots (chopped) – 10
- Green Chilly (chopped) – 3
- Garlic (chopped) – 5 pods
- Mustard Seeds – ½ teaspoon
- Curry leaves – 2 stem
- Coconut Oil – As needed
- Salt – As needed
- Peel and chop tapioca into small pieces. Wash the pieces properly in clean water.
- Allow it to cook in plenty of water adding salt. While cooking tapioca, take care not to cover the vessel. Drain and keep aside when it is cooked.
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add chopped shallots, ginger, garlic, green chillies and curry leaves. Saute well.
- Now add the grated coconut and mix well. Stir for 2 minutes on low flame.
- Slightly mash the cooked tapioca and add to this. Mix well. Stir for 2-3 minutes and serve hot.