A luscious combination of tangy mangoes and crunchy carrots. This is one of my personal favourites. My love for this pickle started at a very young age. In my childhood I have seen this pickle mostly in wedding receptions.
The pickle doesn’t last longer the way other pickles do. So make it a point not to make it in large quantities. Here goes the recipe !!
Preparation time: 30 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy
- Carrots (cut into thin long slices) – 2 medium sized (100 – 120 gms)
- Raw Mangoes (cut into thin long slices) – 3 medium sized (200 gms)
- Garlic (peeled) – ¼ cup
- Ginger (cut into thin long slices) – ¼ cup
- Green Chillies (sliced) – 6 – 7
- Curry Leaves – 1 stem
- Powdered Fenugreek – ¼ teaspoon
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Turmeric – ¼ teaspoon
- Vinegar – ¼ cup
- Mustard Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Coconut Oil – As needed
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and splutter mustard seeds.
- Add garlic. We are adding garlic first as it is not chopped. Might take a little bit more time to get cooked compared to other chopped ingredients.
- Gently add chopped ginger, green chillies and curry leaves. Saute for few minutes.
- Now reduce the flame. Add turmeric and salt. Stir well.
- Add carrots, cook covered for few minutes. Make sure it doesn’t get over cooked. Carrots should still be crunchy.
- Its time to add mangoes. Mix well. Cook for 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add asafoetida. Mix and add vinegar too. Taste and add salt if needed.
Consume this in one or two weeks. Happy Cooking !!!