This is a home innovation. I had been suffering for a long time from repetitive dishes syndrome. Matar Chilly Tomato is my genuine effort to come out of this crucial medical condition. As a reader you can expect more in this space 🙂
“Necessity is the mother of invention” – Now I understand even boredom can be ! Give this a try. This is not gonna disappoint you…
Preparation time: 30-40 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy
- Onion (medium sized) – 3
- Tomato (medium sized) – 3
- Green Peas (cooked) – 3/4 cup
- Garlic pods – 5-6 in number
- Green chilly – 1
- Mustard – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric – a pinch
- Kashmiri Chilly Powder – 1.5 Tablespoon
- Garam Masala – 1/4 teaspoon
- Water – As needed
- Refined Oil – As needed
- Salt – To taste
- Finely chop garlic, green chilly, onion. Also chop tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Splutter mustard seeds.
- Add chopped garlic, green chilly, onion. Add salt and saute till onion becomes soft.
- Add turmeric, kashmiri chilly powder. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chopped tomatoes. Mix well.
- Stir fry for few minutes. Add water and cook covered.
- Slightly mash the tomatoes once it gets cooked properly.
- Add cooked green peas. Mix well.
- Add garam masala. Let it cook for few more minutes. Check salt and add extra if needed.
- Stir fry till it gets semi-dry.
- Serve hot with rot/chapati/phulka.
Happy cooking and don’t forget to let me know how it turned up. 🙂