Nenthra pazham is one variety of plantain which appears on our dining table in many forms. Among all disguises, Banana Fritters takes the top position. Need not mention. This is a favorite of all Keralites. Banana fritters are perfect with a hot cup of coffee!
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy | Serves: 2
- Ripe Banana (nendrapazham) – 2
- Maida – 5 tablespoons
- Rice Flour – 1½ tablespoon
- Ghee – ½ teaspoon
- Salt – ¼ teaspoon
- Sugar – 1½ tablespoon
- Coconut Oil – As needed (We need to deep fry)
- Water – As needed (½ cup approximately)
- Peel the bananas. Cut it into 2 or 3 slices lengthwise according to the size of the bananas. If you like you can slice it into 2 again. For saving time you can even slice into round pieces also.
- Add Maida, Rice flour, salt and sugar to a bowl. Mix well.
- Add water to the mix to make the batter. (If you like you can add a pinch of turmeric powder to the batter)
- Now add ghee and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan.
- When the oil gets heated, lower the flame; dip the banana strips in the batter and slowly put it into oil.
- When one side is done, turn over the banana strips. Fry till it turns golden brown.
- Drain on kitchen tissue.
Banana Fritters are ready. Now all what you need is a cup of steaming tea or coffee.