Who doesn’t like chilli bajji with tea in the evening ? Here goes the recipe !!!
Preparation time: 30 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy
- Green Color Bajji Chilly – 7-8 big ones
- Besan Flour – 2 cups
- Chilli Powder – 2 tablespoon
- Asafoetida – 1 teaspoon
- Turmeric – ¼ teaspoon
- Salt – As needed
- Water – As needed
- Tamarind extract – extract from 2 lemon size balls
- Slit the bajji chillies length wise with a sharp knife. If you don’t want it to be too spicy you can remove the seeds.
- Now we have to make tamarind extract. Add water to tamarind and squeeze with your hand or you can heat it slightly to get the tamarind extract. Allow the same to pass through a sieve to remove the tamarind pieces. Add salt and keep aside.
- Now mix the dry ingredients (Besan Flour, Chilli Powder, Asafoetida, Turmeric, salt) in a bowl.
- Add water to the above mix to make a semi thick flowing-consistency batter without any lumps. The batter should be slightly more thicker than idly batter.
- Heat oil in a deep curved pan. Wait till the oil gets heated up.
- Dip the slit bajji chillies first in tamarind extract and then in the prepared batter. Slowly drop them in the oil.
- When it is done on one side turn over to the other side. Drain on kitchen tissue.
- Serve with chilly sauce or chilly chutney.