Alone at home. Wanted to try out a veg snack. Making mushroom cutlet took a long time. But it was worth the effort 🙂
Preparation time: 1 hour | Difficulty Level: Medium | Makes 12 medium sized cutlets
- Mushroom (finely chopped) – 400 gms
- Onions (finely chopped) – 2
- Green chillies (finely chopped) – 5
- Garlic (finely chopped) – 10 pods
- Ginger (finely chopped) – 1½ inch piece
- Curry leaves – 2 stem
- Kashmiri chilly powder – 1 tablespoon
- Pepper powder – ½ teaspoon
- Garam masala – ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric – a pinch
- Potato (cooked, peeled and mashed) – 2 cups (2 medium sized potato)
- Egg – 1
- Bread Crumbs – As needed
- Salt – As needed
- Oil – As needed
- Heat some oil in a pan.
- Add chopped onion, garlic, ginger, green chillies and curry leaves. Add salt and sauté for few minutes. It is better to tear the curry leaves into smaller ones. Will help while moulding into the cutlet.
- When it is saute well, add turmeric powder, chilly powder, pepper powder and garam masala. Stir well and fry it for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the chopped mushrooms. Stir well. Add salt if needed and cook it on medium flame. Don’t add water to cook. Water will ooze out from the mushrooms.
- When it is cooked properly, stir fry for few more minutes till it becomes dry. Let it cool.
- Add the mashed potatoes to the mushroom mix and combine well with hands.
- Make small balls out of it using your palm and slightly press into the desired shape.
- Break the egg in a bowl and beat well using a spoon or fork.
- Dip the cutlets one by one in beaten egg, and roll in bread crumbs. Deep fry and drain on kitchen tissue.