Ullivada is very nostalgic to me. My all time favorite. I don’t think my preparation is any where near to the ones we get at the road side shops in Kerala. Still worth the effort !!
November 1st is celebrated as Kerala Piravi. Karnataka Rajyotsava also falls on the same day. And I got a day off from office. It has been a long time since I have had Ullivada. So thought of trying it at home. Had to make slight modifications to the recipe I had got from internet. And here it goes.
Preparation Time: 15-20 minutes | Difficulty Level: Easy
- Onion (sliced) – 2
- Maida – 2cup
- Egg – 1
- Ginger (finely chopped) – ½ inch piece
- Curry leaves (chopped) – 2 stems
- Green chilly (finely chopped) – 4
- Salt- To taste
- Oil – For deep frying
- Water – I used slightly more than ¾ of a cup
- Break Egg into a bowl and beat well.
- Add maida, onions, curry leaves, green chillies, ginger, salt and required water. Mix it well by hand and make it into a paste.
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Scoop the prepared paste in a spoon and drop into oil. Fry till it becomes golden brown.
NB: I had to stop my sil from eating it till I take a snap. 🙂